York Space Systems has an opening for a Flight Software Engineer interested in working in an exciting environment developing spacecraft through all segments of the life cycle. This position include the inspection, assembly, integration and operational checkout of flight hardware.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
• Five years of software engineering with 3 years of recent real-time embedded flight software experience
• Recent background in flight software development with specific recent experience in the following languages and operating systems: C/C++ (proficient), Linux, FreeRTOS
• Recent experience with inter-process communication (IPC) mechanisms
• Advanced knowledge of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in developing, modifying, debugging, releasing and maintaining real-time and embedded software systems for mission-critical aerospace applications.
• Experience debugging software/hardware interactions and possible failure modes
• Space flight experience is strongly preferred
• Recent experience with device driver development and software/hardware interfaces for both custom and commercial hardware
• Familiarity with Python
• Familiarity with the CubeSat Space Protocol
York Space Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, military or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com